My Kynlea is the leader of her own little world-has been since the day she was born. She came out fighting "the man" and two and a half years later, she still dances to her own tune. She looks like the perfect combonation of her older brother and sister, but that's where it ends-she is the exact opposite of the older two.
Anyone who knows her, knows immediately that she is NOT a people pleaser, in fact she's not even a people person-she doesn't have time, nor does she care to know you. She doesn't sleep, she requires perfect order in both her toys and her life in general, and she doesn't tolerate affection-she will only give you a kiss if you beg her NOT to. She also doesn't eat-the child literally lives off a steady diet of chocolate milk, bananas, tomatoes, and the occasional mix of refried beans and mexican rice with salsa, or a chocolate poptart.
And STUBBORN-the child has a will that won't quit. She has known how to potty in the potty for 6 months-some days she does it, some days she doesn't... and its on her terms only! I've tried "treats", sticker charts, begging, and even the occasional threat. I even tried to bribe her to poop the other day by promising her a zhu zhu pet-didn't work. But she will "conga" to the potty if I help her form the line and sing "gonna get your poop out-gonna get your poop out!" And I do-Shon thinks I'm nuts, but I say, every girl needs to know how to poop in the potty and to conga, so I see it as teaching her a double lesson...
This morning, she asked me to play a game with her. Now, most 2 year olds are content playing candy land, or chutes and ladders-but not Kynlea. Kynlea likes bingo...and craps...and farkle. Today's game was a crazy combo that she invented. The props included 5 dice, 8 yatzee chips, a checker, a tea cup, a plastic OTB cup, and a longhorn shaped laser light. And there were rules-there are always rules. The object of the game was to put the dice and chips into the tea cup, blow on them for luck, dump them out, yell WAHOO, take the longhorn out of the OTB cup, shine it on your roll and yell YOUR TURN! We played this game for almost an hour-and had to follow each step exact or it was a DO OVER! I don't have a clue how she came up with this game, but I know her well enough to just "go with it"
Ya know, Shon and I have taken the other two kids to Disney for their fourth bday, but between the Conga and the Gaming addiction, I'm wondering if we should just take Kyns to Vegas...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- Wendy
- I love God, my family, my friends and in general my life! I'm a the glass is half full kinda girl who is blessed beyond her wildest dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment