Wednesday, March 10, 2010

She's already a butterfly

Sometimes (ok almost all of the time) I worry like crazy about my kids. I worry about everything...literally everything! But sometimes I see something in my kiddos and I think that maybe, just maybe they will turn out ok inspite of me!

Emi's school hosted open house and the first grade program last night. For weeks Emi's been worried because she had a speaking part in the program. Yesterday she came home in hysterics because one of her friends was out sick and Emi was going to do her part also. She was so funny, practicing her lines over and over and reminding herself which mic to go to at which time.

FF to 6 pm-we arrive at the school and Emi leads us into her classroom-after stopping about 6 times to hug friends. She confidently walks in the room, introduces my parents to her teacher, shows them around, greets everyone else that walks in, then tells us it's time to see the rest of her classes. Again, she leads us around the school, stopping every ten feet to hug and talk to a friend. Every teacher we see talks about what a great kid she is, how helpful she is, and how friendly she is. When the program starts, my little butterfly gets on stage and nails her lines-both of them. She doesn't miss a beat!

I gotta tell ya, I have no idea where her confidence comes from, but I am so thankful that she is how she is. That girl does not know a stranger, and she is not going to change for anyone. I love that she is so sure in who she is that people just naturally want to be around her. And I love that she has a heart for people, that she will be friends with the "underdog" without hesitation, that she loves people for who they are inside, not what they are outside, or what the have to offer her. She doesn't care if they are older, younger, rich, or poor-she just loves people and loves to be with people.

Yes, I worry like crazy about my kids, but there is some comfort knowing that somehow, in someway, Emi is growing into a loving, confident young woman, who is beginning to find her place in the world. I pray that this confidence continues as she gets older, and that she can avoid some of the traumas that teenaged girls usually have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love God, my family, my friends and in general my life! I'm a the glass is half full kinda girl who is blessed beyond her wildest dreams!