Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hi, my name is Wendy, and I'm a cerealaholic...

It's been 12 hours since my last purchase. I can't help my self. Jerry Seinfield is my hero-I aspire to have a cereal shelf as stocked as his. I don't know why, I just love to buy cereal.

My addiction makes no sense, I get this. There are four of us that live here everyday, and one who is here on the weekends. I've probably seen Tyler eat cereal 4 times in his life, Shon and Emi rarely eat breakfast at home, Kynlea may or may not eat on any given day, and I can't even think about putting anything in my body other than coffee until about 10 am. There is absolutely NO need for us to have 8 boxes of cereal in the pantry-NONE!

I know this, I understand this, but I can't stop...Last night's "incident" started off completely innocent. After dinner, I wanted to run by Target to pick up milk, creamer, juicy juice, pitas, bananas, and zyrtec-THAT'S IT! I didn't even need to go near the cereal aisle. And then I saw it...

A HUGE endcap (with a neon sign, being held by Kenny Chesney, that read LOOK WENDY in pink sparkly lettering-even though no one else saw it-ok, maybe that part was a dream) with 3 different kinds of cereal on it, and a sign that read "buy any three General Mills cereal, and get a 4th box free". What are these people trying to do to me??? Do they not know what brand of cereal GM makes-CHEERIOS!!!! I'll just take a quick peek, just to see if it's really worth it, I mean the girls are almost out of chocolate cheerios, and there may be another kind they might like, besides, all GM cereals have Boxtops which will help Emi's school, and wait, what's this? A NEW kind of Cheerios??? Do they have a person up at GM that just sits around and thinks of new kinds of Cheerios? Can I have that job? Seriously, next time you are in the cereal aisle, ask me to move aside and check out just how many kinds of Cheerios they have! Oat Cluster Cheerios! Well, we have to try these! Which naturally means we have to get three more boxes, so I can get the new kind for free-that way I won't feel guilty if I hate them (which I won't because they are Cheerios) because they were free!

My bottom shelf in my pantry is now proudly displaying 12 boxes of cereal, 8 of them being Cheerios...but they are whole grain, so really I'm just being a good mom and feeding my family healthy things...I'm seriously gonna jump on GM website now and see if they have an opening for Cheerios testers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love God, my family, my friends and in general my life! I'm a the glass is half full kinda girl who is blessed beyond her wildest dreams!