Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You get one luxury item. What's it gonna be?

I'm packing for a weekend trip to the lake, and I'm desperately trying to decide what I should bring as my luxury item. Afterall, me at the lake for the weekend may as well be me on some deserted island playing for immunity from tribal council. I'm just not a nature girl...well, if nature consists of a beach by the ocean with a lounge chair and a cabana boy, then I AM a nature girl, but if it doesn't, then no-nature and I are not that close.

I considered bringing a ginormous Texas flag-Colby style-for shelter, and because we will be in Oklahoma...but honestly, I'm not that loyal to Texas (and we are staying in a hotel).

Maybe I'll bring floss-yes floss! Afterall, you only have to floss the teeth you wanna keep, and if we get desperate we can use it to tie something up-surely you need to tie things up in nature...

hmm-maybe my Iphone-ya know so I can call for help if the bears come to attack-are there bears in Oklahoma? Gotta google that before I leave...

oh wait-bug spray! Yes, I'm sure there are bugs at lakes-great! Wonder what kind of bugs are at this particular lake? Wonder if Family Off will handle them all or if I need to bring Raid...note to self-google this also...

Bottle opener is a good option-lord knows I can go without eating, but a girl's gotta stay hydrated. It's acceptable to drink wine out of a solo cup if you are doing at the lake right? I wonder where I can find acceptable lake behavior...no doubt I will be googling all afternoon...

Maybe I'll just bring my own personal fireman! Yes, that's it-that should cover all my bases-well except maybe the floss...

I will no doubt be out of my comfort zone this weekend, but so what? I am up for an adventure and some of my favorite people in the whole world will be there. It will be a fantastic weekend and I know we will have a fabulous time!

Besides, I survived an all girls trip to Cancun, which I assure you was scarier than anyting Jeff Probst could come up with on Survivor-camping should be cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love God, my family, my friends and in general my life! I'm a the glass is half full kinda girl who is blessed beyond her wildest dreams!